At Datadog, we're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As Datadog’s Web Browser SDK Engineer, you will collaborate with the product and backend teams to build a Real-User Monitoring product that delights our customers and scales massively. Your users are web developers, just like you, and your code will need to shine! We know that SDKs are difficult to ship: the environment is challenging and you need to be able to navigate these challenges with creativity and confidence from past experiences.
We expect that you are completely familiar with the Web browser ecosystem and the specific security and privacy challenges that exist. Your SDK code must be safe and robust in this complex environment. In order to build trust with our customers, you need to be comfortable building robust, very well architected and isolated code that works all the time.
As your code will be in the public eye, and you are building code for other developers to use, you must be comfortable with providing accurate documentation on how a developer should use your code. You will need to review and sometimes be the primary author of documentation for the APIs and code that you produce.
- Build and launch the first Datadog Web Browser SDK, used across the world by the users of our customers
- Work closely with the backend and product teams to deliver the best-in-class browser RUM product
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have experience debugging complex issues in a variety of browsers
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.