IEX is looking for a talented software engineer to join a new firm initiative on our Event Stream development team. This person will have the opportunity in this role to solve complex problems and will be able to give input into the direction of this new business.
To be successful in this role you should have strong core Java experience and be motivated by the challenge of building a business from the ground up. Experience with distributed streaming platforms are desired, but a real passion for our mission of fairness and transparency is imperative. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Self starter who is able to execute on projects independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with his peers
- Strong communicator
What you'll do:
- Contribute to system design, including architecture, api design, testing and deployment
- Build out the commercial delivery of the event stream product
- Collaborate with business development, support and infrastructure teams to scope and prioritize work
- Deal with information security considerations across all aspects of the development and deployment process
- Build scalable core framework components
- Work with third party partners to ensure their system integration is straightforward and efficient
- Help source new opportunities for the application of IEX Event Stream
- 5+ years of core Java experience, including in a multithreaded environment
- 3+ years of Linux based development experience
- Experience with networking and/or messaging protocols
- Low latency Java experience
- Familiarity with Kafka or other broker based messaging platforms
- Git experience
- Knowledge of http/rest
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.