Software Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Airport Integrations Engineering team. You will be working with a team of passionate engineers on the design, development, testing, and evolution of a core set of back-end microservices. Using our next-generation event-driven systems and infrastructure, we work on creating new and modernizing old functionality used by all CLEAR verticals. Our team has a high-visibility role that provides many opportunities to directly impact the direction of the platform.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in developing new, and enhance existing, Java-based web and server-side applications with strong ownership of deliverables
- Work closely with team leads to ensure that application can access the required data and it is appropriately filtered to comply with platform-specific business rules
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into the CLEAR ecosystems
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of core Java experience
- Excited about working with technologies like: Java, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.JS, Kafka, DropWizard, Microservices, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: Software development methodologies; Knowledge in Amazon’s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills