Software Engineer at Zocdoc
Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Software Engineer (SE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As an SE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mastering best practices and collaborating with your peers. You’ll take ideas from inception to reality by rapidly building prototypes, iterating and releasing them. You’ll build scalable products to make a simple and efficient healthcare experience for patients, providers, and your fellow Zocdocr’s.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building fully scalable platforms with the latest technologies
- A product-driven engineer
- Excited to use technology to enhance the consumer experience
Your day to day is…
- Contributing across the stack with technologies like React, Scala, Node.js and C#
- Building products designed to scale quickly like new patient interactions, native advertising technology and new functionality that helps doctors optimize their Zocdoc experience
- Shipping new features to millions of users autonomously, with fully automated continuous integration and deployment. Working with industry leading technologies across AWS in a scalable and resilient microservice environment
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers. Sharing and learning through our technology guilds, design and code review processes, and teams that love to explore new ideas and work together
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A natural curiosity and passion for technology
- A sound foundation in computer science fundamentals and are excited to deepen your coding and OO design skills
- Experience working well on agile teams and value open communication, conflict resolution and real time feedback that makes both you and your team better
- Experience building and deploying client facing web applications that scale
- 3+ years of professional back-end development experience. Knowledge of OOP, FP, and React are all a plus, as is experience writing automated tests
- A Computer Science or related degree preferred
- Competitive PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
- Team outings to celebrate goals
Of course, your healthcare experience probably isn’t perfect yet. But no matter what, we’ll continue to put the patient’s needs first. We simply believe there’s no better way to deliver the great healthcare experience we all deserve. We created Zocdoc to solve patient problems, beginning with online appointment-booking – and we haven’t stopped building since. With Zocdoc, you can see doctors’ open appointment times and book instantly online, make informed choices with verified reviews, and stay on top of important checkups with tailored reminders.