Software Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team as we change the way we pay and make wallets a thing of the past! You will be working with a team of passionate engineers on the design, development, testing, and evolution of a core set of back-end microservices related to CLEAR’s payments products. You will be building upon our next-generation event-driven systems and infrastructure to bring CLEAR’s identity platform to the world of commerce.
This is a high-visibility role that provides many opportunities to directly impact the direction of CLEAR.
What You Will Do:
- Strong ownership of deliverables
- Work closely with team leads to ensure that applications comply with platform-specific business rules
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to ensure that all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into the CLEAR ecosystem
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- Gain domain expertise in the payments space
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of core Java experience, preferably in roles related to subscriptions, payments, ecommerce, FinTech or similar
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile software development methodology
- Excited about working with technologies like: Java, Kafka, DropWizard, Microservices, PostgreSQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Possess exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Payments related knowledge and technologies such as tokenization, PCI, and accounting practices a plus