Software Engineering Manager at andros (Remote)
This role is responsible for managing development teams for our Credentialing Applications and the effectiveness of those teams’ deliverables. More specifically, the person in this role is responsible for the technical direction of engineering efforts, design choices for software architecture, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms of the pertinent projects. Another critical component of the Engineering Manager, Credentialing Applications role is communication, ensuring that timelines, blockers, and other relevant information is communicated as quickly and clearly as possible up and down the organization.The outcomes we’re looking for:
- The technical direction of the development team you support is aligned with the standards and practices of engineering leadership
- The design, specifications and estimating of engineering projects
- A regular cadence for communication of development project status to leadership is established
- The team develops stable software that satisfies product requirements as well as meeting architectural specifications
- The team maintains high levels of code test coverage while delivering clean concise and understandable code
- Constructive feedback on architectural designs and code reviews is provided to the team
- Software engineering management experience
- Senior level in Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails (5+ years)
- Ability to write and understand complex algorithms
- Expertise in:
- Relational databases, such as Postgres or MSSQL
- Document stores, such as ElasticSearch
- Spark or Pyspark a plus
- Independent worker: Need to be able to communicate but also work independently
- Cross-team collaboration: Collaborate across teams including but not limited to Engineering, Product, Operations, and Client Success
- Curiosity and drive: Demonstrate curiosity and a well-developed drive to find answers to questions that are currently being asked or haven’t yet been asked
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical issues with the audience-appropriate level of detail in person and in writing
- Works hard and smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability and working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion and commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks and writes clearly and directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea. Happy to embrace the ideas of others if they improve on your own. Understands that clarity is measured at the recipient's ear, not the speaker’s mouth. Able to understand the underlying question being asked and in the absence of that clear understanding can pursue an efficient line of inquiry to achieve that clarity.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others’ contributions and support each other and drive everyone forward.