Sofware Engineer - iOS at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery, Inc is the leader in global real-life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, Genius Kitchen, TLC, Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel. Our Digital Studios team develops experiences on web, mobile, and voice that reach millions of users each day - inspiring them with ideas and tools to create their own unique world.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to contribute to our award-winning iOS app: Food Network In the Kitchen. Within your role, you’ll be an integral part of a team of engineers, product managers, and designers to build new capabilities in the app on the iOS ecosystem. You’ll be a contributor on a team that is driving the future of the app experience, helping make In the Kitchen an indispensable app used by millions of customers.
This will be a hands-on role where you’ll be successful by: providing input on architectural direction on the iOS platform; participating in all aspects of the agile software development process. As a contributor on the team, you’ll be expected to write code, participate in code reviews, and own tasks and projects to their completion.
1. Deliver high-quality, high-performance, scalable code for the iOS and tvOS In the Kitchen App.
2. Ensure high quality code is delivered. This includes monitoring app crashes, memory usage, and product quality; and participate in issue resolution.
3. Participate in automated quality assurance phase of the development cycle.
4. Participate in day-to-day support of project initiatives including: participation in sprint planning, team retrospectives, code reviews, and user interviews.
5. Assist in implementation of effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
6. Represent Discovery engineering in industry events.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field from an accredited college or university, or commensurate experience
* Experience: 2+ years in an engineering contributor role.
* You have experience shipping iOS and tvOS applications and you are up to date on the current state of the iOS development ecosystem (examples: Swift, Carthage, Cocoapods, Bitrise, etc).
* Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Heroku) is a plus.
* Knowledge of large scale application architecture, design, implementation and performance tuning.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States