We’re looking for an entrepreneurial software engineer who is motivated by our mission to simplify healthcare. We’re building an API layer that powers the workflows of healthcare providers, care navigation platforms, health plans, and emerging digital health companies. Reporting into and working closely with the CTO, you’ll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand our business’s toughest challenges and greatest opportunities, and build products in order to solve them.
What we look for at Ribbon:
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
What we’re looking for in this role:
- You have experience developing and deploying applications quickly, and enjoy the iterative and creative nature of product exploration
- You have some minimal experience designing, building, and/or managing systems in the cloud (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- You enjoy context switching between various work streams to tackle a variety of challenges; changing priorities in a startup environment aren’t a bug -- it’s a feature!
- You have a track record of learning new technologies and languages on the job
- Although you’ll initially work mostly in Python, you’ll help us continue to evaluate new technologies and find the best tools for the job at hand
- Build and launch new products: You will work with the CTO in addition to the product and engineering teams to design, build, and launch new products and product features. This includes new APIs to extend the reach of our core technology
- Build internal tools: You will help our internal teams 10x their efforts by developing tools to streamline their workflows (e.g. sales, deployment, recruiting, and product)
- Work with the leadership team on a variety of non-technical cross functional initiatives such as recruiting, marketing, and business operations
- Jump into a high priority implementation, working closely with the deployment team to offer support to our customers, and integrate their feedback quickly into our product
How we live out our values for our teammates
Our goal is to make this the best career decision any of us have ever made. We stand by our values to make it happen.
Run Toward Hard Problems | We are motivated by the toughest challenges. We seek out hard problems that have the most impact and solve them to help those who need it most. We encourage our teammates to take ownership of outcomes that motivate them. Everyone at Ribbon has a say in our objective and key result (OKR) planning process for their teams and across teams.
Put Your Team First | We are a family. We are all happier and healthier when we take care of each other and put each other’s needs ahead of our own. We take care of you by offering fully covered insurance premiums on health, vision, and dental, a 401K plan match, and a flexible working policy that includes progressive family leave guidelines, flexible working schedules, and unlimited vacation.
Do What You Say | We are honest with each other. We are accountable to each other. When we commit to accomplishing our goals, we make it happen. Every team member has the opportunity to own high-impact work at Ribbon.
Stay Hungry, Keep Improving | We are humble. We will make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, and be better because of those mistakes. Here, feedback is a gift and mistakes are learning opportunities. We have a thoughtful culture that focuses on giving and receiving regular positive and constructive feedback to help us support each other and make each other better. Also, speaking of “hungry” we offer plenty of snacks, food, and coffee.
Practice Habits of Excellence | We measure our success by the process it took to get there. We will always do our very best and we are proud of the outcome because of it. At Ribbon, we focus on how we get things done by documenting and sharing our learnings, We are building the systems we need to scale our company and support our work for the long-term.
Build With Empathy | We are building the best healthcare experience for our users. When faced with a difficult decision, we do what’s best for people’s lives. This includes our team. Every Ribbon teammate shares working and lifestyle norms, and we hold each other accountable to respecting these norms so each person can balance work-life integration that works for them.
Ribbon Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, performance, and business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]