Splunk Engineer - Contract at CLEAR
CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
We are seeking candidates with Splunk expertise who are excited to bring forth the hidden insights that come from machine data analytics. This role will report directly to the VP of Security Engineering and will drive and build security and business analytics use cases. This role will be part of the security engineering team and will assist in developing dashboards, alerts, and reports in order to increase the efficiency and fidelity of key business workstreams. Successful candidates understand data structures, how to model complex data sets, understand splunk enterprise architecture, and clearly articulate the value of the data insights to security and business consumers.
What You Will Do:
- Build advanced searches across custom datasets
- Develop Interactive Dashboards to realize business and security use cases
- Perform daily monitoring and health checks of data sets, and splunk cloud infrastructure
- Support Splunk Heavy Forwarders, Deployment Servers, and Syslog Servers
- Perform maintenance and remediation when logs stop being ingested
- Effectively communicate issues and reports to various levels of the organization
Who You Are:
- Must have experience with Splunk Command Line Interface.
- Strong knowledge of Regex, Specifically how Regex’s work in Splunk Enterprise.
- Managed and maintained Splunk Environments in GovCloud
- Understands Splunk Application/SDK development practices
- Data Science Background a plus
- Experienced scripting