The newly formed Revenue Analytics Engineering team at Peloton is responsible for core data and reporting that drives Connected Fitness-related sales across a variety of go-to-market channels (e.g. E-Commerce, Retail, Inside Sales, Partnerships) and business lines (e.g. Bike, Tread, Accessories, Apparel). Peloton is looking for a talented individual to join the team to build and maintain foundational data infrastructure essential to accelerating and optimizing acquisition efforts across the Revenue organization.
This will be the first Analytics Engineering hire on this team, and will be instrumental in shaping the team’s technical direction and growth. We’re looking for someone who can:
- Build and maintain ETL pipelines from third party sources (knowing the difference between ELT and ETL, and when each is appropriate)
- Architect performant, accurate, and scalable data models using dbt and LookML using DRY (don’t repeat yourself) principles
- Set up tests to ensure data quality, monitor daily job execution, and diagnose/fix issues to ensure SLAs are met with internal stakeholders
- Understand business context and support analysts/business stakeholders in creating and standardizing source-of-truth Looker Explores and Dashboards
- Document work, prioritize data governance, and evangelize best practices
At Peloton, we’ve invested in a modern data tech stack (Redshift, Fivetran/Stitch, Airflow, dbt, Looker) and a world-class data team. If you’re excited about utilizing the best technology out there and being part of a growing team that values collaboration, proactivity, disciplined decision making, and knowledge sharing, we’d love to hear from you.
- 4-6 years experience in an analytics engineering, data engineering, business intelligence, or technical data analytics role supporting go-to-market organizations. Serious plus: Understanding of data feeds coming from various tools used by sales teams (e.g. Salesforce, Drift Chat, Talkdesk, Booking Bug, Marketo) and/or retail businesses (e.g. SAP, Netsuite, Shopify)
- Expertise in SQL and ETL optimization techniques, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like Redshift, as well as use of OSX command line and version control software (git). Plus: Knowledge of AWS ecosystem/CLI and data ingestion tools (e.g. Fivetran, Stitch)
- Experience with building Looker data models (LookML), data pipeline management technologies with dependency checking (e.g. Airflow, dbt), schema design, and dimensional data modeling
- Ability to leverage tools, business intuition, and attention to detail for data validation and QA
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical or complex matters to less technical co-workers
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.