Sr. Business Consultant
Greater NYC Area
Value—easy to describe with broad generalities but terribly difficult to quantify with hard measurements. And that is the task that Box Value Engineering (BVE) has taken on. Our team seeks to help its customers and prospects understand, measure, and ultimately optimize their Box investment.
Much like Box is redefining how people work together, Box Value Engineering seeks to transform how value is measured. We do not rely on conventional approaches from traditional vendors. We pursue a new, agile, disciplined path to support a cloud-first world. Our innovative approach, advanced tools and mathematical models have been enthusiastically embraced by our stakeholders. This year, we intend to expand the team to broaden and deepen our reach with our customers. It’s a demanding, yet highly rewarding environment - come join us!
This role is a senior business consultant that will interface directly with C-Suite and Director level contacts of strategic enterprise accounts to discover, document and create a business value pitch for the account. This person will work jointly with Box’s Sales team to craft the executive-level proposal for our largest, most strategic opportunities. In this role you will work cross-functionally with account execs, sales engineering, customer success, consulting, and marketing to establish a shared vision with our customers and help them achieve their strategic goals. The successful candidate must possess an inquisitive, disciplined mind, be able to hold in-depth value oriented conversations with CXOs, enterprise architects, and line-of-business users. Most important is a firm understanding of the impact that digital transformation has on an organization. Previous value engineering experience is not required.
Skills and qualities for success
- The ability to think critically
- Superior presentation skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Confidence—based on rigorous preparation and forethought
- Intimate knowledge of complex solution sales
- A high degree of curiosity with particular emphasis in discovering the interrelationship of business systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proactively engage target accounts and respective account teams with value engineering methodology
- Assist in conducting value discovery sessions with Box prospects & customers. This includes the development of deal strategy and implementation strategy proposals.
- Work closely with other value engineers to contribute to analytical models and findings
- Assist in the production and delivery of executive level presentations in the field
- Represent the value engineering practice during EICs through presentations to C-Level audiences
- Assist in customer workshops run by cross-functional teams as a component of formal value assessments
- Act as key adviser for Value Engineering leadership for future VE programs
- 8+ years of experience in Value Engineering, Management Consulting, Professional Services, or Sales Engineering
- Financial modeling proficiency
- Domain expertise in Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and/or IT infrastructure and/or digital transformation. Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) is a plus.
- Proven track record of presenting in front of C-Level audiences
- Strong grasp of new and legacy enterprise IT systems and digital transformation trends
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Read Full Job Description