Sr. Cloud Engineer at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Along with rest of the Media world, Discovery is undergoing a transformation to build unique experiences around the world-class non-scripted video content in form of many Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products on dozens of different platforms.This role is directly involved in global delivery of a robust platform that serves as the foundation for building products such in our wide offering of in DTC as well as our wide broadcast portfolio. (18 US brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet), Eurosport, MotorTrend, GolfTV, DPlay and many others.
Are you a developer with an enthusiasm for cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code, and automation? Do you want to work with a massively increasing portfolio of Direct To Consumer technologies, as part of a growing organization? Can you help us grow with best-of-breed open source tools and fully managed AWS services, and join us in embracing state-of-the-art cloud best practices? Are you passionate about working in a SRE/DevOps environment and leveraging the power of cloud to allow product and development teams to produce best in class consumer facing products?
We need engineers with passion and knowledge of Cloud Computing on multiple cloud platforms and a modern approach to infrastructure automation. We want people familiar with cloud native approaches and container technology, who have a constant desire to keep learning and who have real hands-on experience.
In addition to working in a DevOps environment, this role has specific responsibilities for all global cloud governance instrumentation and policies while allowing balance between time to market and policy guidelines.
• Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud)
• Experience automating infrastructure using IAC tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Pulumi, or similar.
• Will-not-give-up attitude when it comes to troubleshooting complex issues that span multiple teams and even multiple cloud platforms.
• Always on the lookout for ways to optimize costs and performance in a cloud environment.
• Knowledge of cloud design patterns, architecture, implementation, and performance tuning, and troubleshooting of applications in a Highly Available, globally-distributed cloud platform.
• Knowledge of cloud design patterns, and architectures and debugging. We adopt a multi-account, multi-VPC strategy for maximum isolation between different services and separation of operational responsibility.
• Communication Skills - It is very important that you are able to work with multiple teams with different goals, multiple people with personalities, backgrounds, and skill levels.
• Desire to share knowledge, train, and mentor teammates and members of other groups.
• Security awareness - you understand the importance of security best practices and know how to establish a robust set of defenses
• Agile development - Experienced as part of development team and understand agile methodology
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]