Sr. Front End Engineer - Exchange
As the Sr. Front-End Engineer on our exchange development team, you will be lead designer and developer for all the front-end components of the exchange web systems. In addition, you will be responsible for the user experience design of the exchange website and its implementation. You will work closely with our Marketing and Sales team on developing the IEX brand online.
This role will also require you to work cross-functionally with our Data, Core Dev, System Reliability, and Product teams to maintain critical operational systems. If you’re excited to join a high growth fintech firm changing Wall Street for the better, please apply!
- Self-starter – you can prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong interest in mentoring junior team members
- Strong communication skills – you will have to work with employees from across the organization
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the user experience of the exchange website
- Design front-end components of the exchange web systems and integrate them with the back-end systems.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales teams on the IEX brand campaign
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as Product, Data Engineering, Core Dev, Quant Research, and System Reliability
- 5+ years of software development experience in user experience design and front-end engineering for web systems
- Strong object-oriented programming experience with Python, Node.js, web frameworks, and Java
- Database experience with MySQL, Redis, Kafka, a plus
- Distributed computing, data modeling, operational experience, a plus
- Experience with Linux, a plus
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.