Sr Full Stack Software Engineer
Discovery Digital Media is part of Discovery Inc. the global leader in real life entertainment. We are the company of such beloved channels as Discovery, HGTV, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, Science Channel, and TLC, as well as many channels around the world. As a team, Discovery Digital Media is actively developing new digital products to entertain, inform, and engage our audiences with all the broad content areas that Discovery produces.
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer will focus on our Content Management System and the back-end for all devices across Discovery – including all Discovery GO apps – as well as the front-end for internal products.
1. Write clean, concise, efficient, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
2. Complete work with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through.
3. Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
4. Translate functional requirements into solutions that work well with current architecture.
5. Perform peer code reviews.
6. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
7. Develop and present prototypes and proof of concept projects to test the waters with new ideas.
* 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Highly organized and detail-oriented
* Must have legal right to work in the United States