Sr Platform Engineer, Backend - Lifion at Lifion by ADP
We are looking for an incredibly bright Senior Engineer to join our growing engineering team in New York. In particular, those with a passion for building high performance backend systems while solving problems around fault tolerance, reliability, scalability, consistency, availability, throttling, and queueing. While we use Node.js and GoLang on the backend and operate completely on AWS using AWS managed services. We are open to any stack as long as you know your craft.
If you are the kind of person who thrives in a challenging environment, loves production systems, has been in the trenches, curious by nature and has a thirst for pushing the limits, we are interested in you!
- Architect and build the next generation platform engineering services at Lifion that are clear to read, highly performant, and easy to debug and monitor
- Own Feature deliverables end to end, spec out solutions and deliver independently
- Collaborate with our engineering and product teams to provide guidance and support
- Participate in functional, technical, and code reviews
- Participate in interviews and help build a world-class team of engineers
- Choose the right tool for the right job, strive for simplicity
- Strong experience with Testing (unit, integration) and code coverage
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of agile development methodology
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
- Exposure to various data stores like Redis, MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch
- Experience in microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, or other containerizers
- Exposure to AWS or any other Cloud platforms
- Experience with messaging, streaming systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis, SQS etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong passion for learning and applying latest technologies
- A collaborative attitude and demonstrated team-working ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills especially debugging of complex software systems
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.