See all jobs
Develop across all of our current platforms: our iOS app, Mac OS menu bar app and a Final Cut Pro X integration that we maintain with about a dozen in-house frameworks. Our next ventures? Build for tvOS and start using SwiftUI with Combine to build out the next iteration of our apps.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
Our team works across macOS and iOS building native apps and integrations in Swift. Our iPhone app was released a few years ago and has won an Apple Design Award. More recently, we launched a native Mac app, which aims to be the easiest and most reliable way to get content uploaded to Frame.io. We have also worked closely with Apple’s Final Cut Pro X team to build one of the first native Final Cut Pro extensions. All of our work is written entirely in Swift, powered by a number of custom cross-platform frameworks. This role will involve developing across all of our current platforms, as well as helping create any new apps and integrations moving forward.
As a note, your final level/title will be determined throughout the interview process.
- An app on the App Store, iOS open-source framework, extensive coding tutorial, or example project on GitHub
- Experience working with Swift as a language
- Demonstrated passion for learning Swift, Xcode, and iOS/macOS best practices
- Knowledge of the latest advancements in iOS (frameworks, tools, third-party libraries)
- Experience with iOS or macOS interface technologies and approaches (storyboards, auto-layout, size classes)
- Recommended at least 3 years experience developing for Apple platforms
- Leading and mentoring engineers on new project initiatives
- Contributing best practices to the team's style guide and architectural decisions
- Improving our developer tooling and automation
- Finding and recommending relevant resources (articles, talks, frameworks, etc.)
- Contributing to product discussions around our mobile and desktop app experiences
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.