Staff Android Engineer at Peloton
We are looking for someone to provide technical leadership as the team designs, builds, and deploys Android applications and features for our Members. These applications include our Studio app (used by Instructors and Studio members, and the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton Bike and Tread. You will get the opportunity to guide and build customer-facing features in Kotlin and deliver best-in-class fitness experiences across several different markets.
With your technical vision and expertise, the team will deliver a world-class experience for our members.
You will iterate on process, technology, and communication with your team. You will also assist in mentoring the engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of software development experience, 4+ years Android development experience
- Experience leading a small team, making architectural decisions, and/or mentoring others
- Good active listening skills, the ability to empathize with customers, stakeholders and other engineers
- Experience mentoring engineers with the team-focused mentality for success
- Have a solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Experience with Agile methodology in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done
- Solid experience with Git, REST APIs
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVI and MVVM
- Experience with profiling UI, memory and threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Have experience using monitoring and metrics to support KPIs and performance
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have experience using gRPC and GraphQL
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks
- Have worked on connected hardware products
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.