As a Staff Frontend Engineer, you will join an innovative, forward-thinking team using a modern tech stack and be responsible for:
- Working closely with backend teams to design an effective data intensive web application
- Developing clean, accessible, and modern web applications
- Building core libraries and components as part of our Design System
- Utilizing technologies like React, GraphQL, React Context and Hooks and Typescript.
- Reviewing and supporting frontend technical designs across teams
- Participating in design discussions and roadmap planning to ensure frontend concerns are well represented
- Driving forward Namely’s frontend community, including mentorship of frontend talent across the organization
You will mentor team members through problem identification, solution definition, and implementation. You will help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving collaboration and execution of frontend technologies across multiple teams. You will take part in the frontend technical design process, push forward and refine our technology stack, user experience, and creative practices across the company.Desired Experience:
- 8+ years of experience as a frontend software engineer.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise with React.js and its ecosystem.
- Strong technical leadership, setting technical direction and leading project teams.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous frontend problems with significant impact.
- Experience working across teams to foster adoption of libraries, patterns and architectural approaches.
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks and best practices.
- Investment and interest in the frontend community and ecosystem, including open source work, stackoverflow posts, blogs, etc.
- Mentorship experience, and excitement to share and absorb knowledge from your teammates.
We understand the importance of being excited about the technology you work with, so we’ve included our stack below. You don’t have to be fluent in it all, but we want engineers who are excited to dive in and understand these tools and technologies:
- Framework: React
- State: React Context, Urql/Apollo + GraphQL
- Router: React Router
- CSS: CSS Modules
- Testing: Jest, React Testing Library, Chromatic, Cypress
- Tooling: Webpack, Babel, PostCSS, Prettier
- Linting: ESLint, Stylelint
- Docs: Storybook
We are building out a world-class Frontend team at Namely around the idea that user experience is paramount to the success of our product and customers. If that resonates with you, we would love to work with you!
Our Frontend team builds the extensible platform, on which other teams can develop applications, ensures high quality architecture across the engineering organization, and defines the UX of Namely alongside our Product and Design partners.
We’ll invest in your career. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and use your skill set to grow the team members.
This position has a salary range of $170,000 - 210,000 per annum. Namely offers employees medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, equity, flexible spending accounts, $50,000 basic life and AD&D, free tele-healthcare, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, employee stock purchase plan, paid family leave, and many other available benefits. This information is provided per the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on the market location.
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Outlook 2022
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2022
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2022
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.