In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail e-commerce customers!
- Be a key contributor on major projects owned by the Analytics Infrastructure squad, such as: Enhancing our next-generation Analytics pipeline, building scalable data publishing services, and hardening our reporting infrastructure.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Evangelize Bluecore Engineering internally and externally, including leading initiatives to promote Bluecore Engineering in the wider community.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Lead company-wide technical strategy and decisions, and facilitate progress by building consensus amongst Senior Engineering Leadership and Company Leadership. Advise and advocate for best tools, methods, and approaches for the entire Engineering organization.
- Function as a sought-out mentor and leader for a technical domain or set of domains across the company. Increase the technical capabilities and upper limits of your own areas of responsibility and expertise, as well as those of your associated team members. Teach sessions, write documentation, and actively mentor to decrease the ramp-up time of new and existing team members.
- Significant experience working with lambda/streaming architectures.
- Significant experience as a data engineer designing and maintaining business-critical datasets
- Significant experience working with relational databases - Postgres and/or columnar stores (BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.) preferred.
- Significant programming expertise with statically-typed languages, preferably Go/Java. Use of performance optimization tools and past experience in a SRE function is a plus.
- Familiar with GCP and kubernetes.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, including recent experience in a similar industry or technology space. Experience building MarTech, AdTech, eCommerce, E-mail, or Big Data platforms and products highly desirable.
- B.S./B.E in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics, or relevant field/equivalent work experience.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company is preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design. Ability to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders on long-term development plans, as well as in articulating short-term issues and delivery.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering sizable projects that span multiple teams and multiple quarters--or even years!-- that produce significant results and impact overall business success.
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using AI/ML, activates welcomed personal experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.