Staff Software Engineer (Corporate Wellness) at Peloton
As Peloton continues to grow and expand its Engineering team is pursuing a distributed architecture to help increase business velocity, empower engineering teams, and strengthen risk management. Within its member acquisition division we are looking for an experienced Senior Staff Engineer who can help to implement and influence an event-driven, microservice design while demonstrating a keen eye for build vs buy decisions.
This role will report directly to the Senior Technical Director of a new acquisition channel and be responsible for leading the design and implementation of an architecture that will support regulated third party data ingestion, protection, and controlled propagation. You will work primarily alongside three fullstack engineering teams and one platform engineering team. You will also collaborate with representatives from GRC, Security, Platform, Legal, and Product to inform the right strategy for driving excellence across customer experience, security & privacy, operational efficiency, and internal / external audit.
- Help lead the long term strategic design and implementation of a platform that will manage third party data ingress / egress and internal data synchronization. This platform should be able to outperform the requirements of the evolving regulatory landscape around data privacy and security while balancing product innovation, customer success, operational efficiency, business velocity, and developer experience.
- Support a distributed engineering team model by helping to bring cohesion to cross-team data and architecture design / decisions.
- Collaborate across engineering domains with other senior engineers throughout the organization to help answer the big questions the business is seeking to solve with an eye towards scalability, separation of concerns, and data consistency and protection.
- Help to inform adoptable patterns around distributed architecture, event-driven design, immutable data, API-driven development, and turn-key compliant systems.
- Partner with Engineering Manager peers to support the teams in practicing a high level of discipline in our SDLC with tight feedback loops around design documents, data / process flows, system diagrams, and architecture decisions at parity with the working software they produce.
- Present architecture and risk management solutions to technical and non-technical audiences with an aptitude for effectively communicating with both.
- Work closely with senior engineering leadership on strategic long term planning while exhibiting a bias for action and an ability to deliver working solutions iteratively.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambitious, iterative, and collaborative environment.
- An excellent communicator across written, verbal, and visual mediums.
- Productive and comfortable working in both remote and in-person settings with experience collaborating with team members working in either context.
- Organized, disciplined, and focused but also thrive on influencing those traits in your peers.
- Empathetic, patient, and kind but intentionally candid and direct.
- Experienced working with business and customer stakeholders to interpret and negotiate requirements along with translating back technical solutions.
- 8-10 years of experience in senior engineering roles, preferably ones where you were responsible for contributing to architectural strategy that balanced time-to-market with long term scalability and adaptability.
- Experience with building and operating technology within a HIPAA compliant environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Python, Node.js, GraphQL, Kubernetes, AWS, Redshift, Redis, and SQS.
- Awareness of ERP technologies like SAP, golden record solutions like Dell Boomi, headless ecommerce technologies such as ElasticPath, and Auth-as-a-service platforms like Auth0 / Okta.
- A passion for business results and customer excellence.
- The desire to dog-food our own software and engage with the Peloton brand and product line.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.