We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog’s Staff Engineers are our technical leaders operating at the forefront of technology, building solutions that take us through at least our next five years of growth. They do this in three major ways:
As individual contributors, they bring world class technical abilities to deliver industry leading systems in areas such as data visualization, virtual runtime profiling, and planet scale streaming.
As technical leaders they bring experienced technical breadth and communication skills to tackling design and architectural problems spanning the organization, charting the right course, then leading delivery.
In both roles they participate in the staff engineering community and help us learn from what the industry is doing and what we've built before, and so improve company wide standards around software and systems engineering.
Examples of projects you might take on as a staff engineer include designing and implementing a major improvement to a system or tool that many application engineering teams depend on, developing a new Datadog product line from initial outline to public launch (and beyond), or breaking down a complex UX problem, solving the fundamental workflows, and polishing your solution until it feels totally intuitive.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 4+ years of technical leadership experience, including both effective communication of complex concepts and experience coordinating across teams to ship critical products
- Strong UI/UX intuition, adept at working closely with product design and product management stakeholders to develop a shared vision and deliver on it
- You have led development of high-complexity, high-performance interactive browser applications, including architecture, interaction design, and optimization
- Ability to bring best practices from across the world of software engineering and adapt them to the frontend environment
- Knowledge of React and TypeScript
- Use your expertise to design and deliver technology that will power the next generation of products
- Take cross-team decisions that will influence the Datadog frontend community at large
- Lead through example and excellence, helping the people around you grow
- Improve processes on your team, and across the whole of frontend engineering
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.