Peloton System’s Engineering team is looking for Staff Software Engineer with expertise in Android framework & Android application development. In this position you will be part of the team that will work on developing solutions which integrate Application and Hardware use cases within the Android framework.
The successful candidate should have deep technical skills in software engineering, experience modifying aspects of various Android framework and service modules and development and integration of 3rd party SDKs within Android applications. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- 10+ years’ experience developing and shipping internet connected consumer devices
- Work cross functionally to drive projects to successful completion
- In depth understanding of Android Application model & framework
- Experience with Android SDK, Android JNI, Android HAL layers
- Ability to optimize and secure framework and services
- Experience in Android platform tools and AOSP Android N, O is plus
- Must have excellent debugging skills, android debugger tools like DDMS, android studio
- Expert knowledge of algorithms and at least one programming language: Java, C++, Kotlin
- Experience working in a CI environment, Git, Jenkins, Gerrit
- Methodologies – Scrum, Agile
Please note: This is a full-time position that should be based in our NYC HQ once our office reopens.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.