Peloton System’s Engineering team is looking for Staff Software Engineer with expertise in Android framework & Android application development. In this position you will be part of the team that will work on developing solutions which integrate Application and Hardware use cases within the Android framework.
The successful candidate should have deep technical skills in software engineering, experience modifying aspects of various Android framework and service modules and development and integration of 3rd party SDKs within Android applications. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- 10+ years’ experience developing and shipping internet connected consumer devices
- Work cross functionally to drive projects to successful completion
- In depth understanding of Android Application model & framework
- Experience with Android SDK, Android JNI, Android HAL layers
- Ability to optimize and secure framework and services
- Experience in Android platform tools and AOSP Android N, O is plus
- Must have excellent debugging skills, android debugger tools like DDMS, android studio
- Expert knowledge of algorithms and at least one programming language: Java, C++, Kotlin
- Experience working in a CI environment, Git, Jenkins, Gerrit
- Methodologies – Scrum, Agile
Please note: This is a full-time position that should be based in our NYC HQ once our office reopens.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that Together, We go Far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.