Astral is looking for a System Engineer to operate and enhance its groundbreaking platform.
Global brokers and institutional asset managers bring their most important trading and technology challenges to Astral. Astral’s platform synthesizes disconnected sources of clients’ trading data into a single cohesive library to deliver clear and practical insights.
Astral’s System Engineers play an essential role on the team, building inventive and functional solutions to complex problems.
You will accelerate Astral’s software and infrastructure development lifecycle by building tools to create, audit, change, and deploy advanced software and systems. Your vision will shape how Astral’s engineers deploy systems, automate processes, and harden Astral’s infrastructure. You will take initiative to anticipate, monitor and resolve threats to system stability and performance.
Astral is a constantly evolving, and your work will be varied based on the changing needs of strategic partners and colleagues.
Major brokers, investors, and specialist technology partners will coordinate with you to connect. Our partners will enlist you to resolve urgent roadblocks that hinder their ability to access and use Astral’s products effectively.
Colleagues will rely upon you to contribute to the design and documentation of the platform, including its processes and composition, while continuously promoting Astral’s stability and operational scale. On a typical day, you will collaborate with Data Engineers to improve database performance and security, Information Security Engineers to systematically enforce robust controls, and Operators to promote functional scale and stability.
You will demonstrate the composure, aptitude, and initiative required to solve complex issues with utmost integrity in a dynamic and unstructured environment.
This position is best suited for a highly collaborative individual with strong communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. Additionally, you are:
- Open-minded and able to quickly acquire new concepts and ideas
- Disciplined attention to process and details
- Committed and available to accommodate a flexible work schedule and an on-call environment
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain stable networks and systems.
- Operate the production platform and support Astral’s partners within the electronic trading industry
- Architect and manage secure, scalable infrastructure, using Ansible to support internal and external users
- Ensure adherence to IEX's data security policy and monitor the security of the production environment.
- Manage provision servers in our development, QA, staging and production environments
- Debug complex issues, optimize performance, and configure micro-services throughout the platform.
- Develop, maintain and support our cloud infrastructure both by leveraging existing tools and adding to them, determining the best available software and hardware specifications for Astral’s unique stack
- Continuously test to identify infrastructure bottleneck issues
- Support of internal teams at Astral, including Engineering, Operations, and Compliance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Use of AWS, Google Cloud and/or Azure
- Deep understanding of networks and systems
- Understanding continuous Deployment and Integration Pipelines
- Previously worked on Agile teams
- Experience with Jenkins, Python, Ansible, Linux and Java
- 3-5 years of system engineering experience in a cloud environment is required
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.