We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Notification Rules team will build and own the Notifications Rules system, which will provide complex rules for other Datadog services to send notifications. This team will act as a glue between product teams that send critical notifications and the notification systems themselves. This is a unique opportunity to bootstrap and lead a team that is at the intersection of products and platform. We work at every level of the stack: ingesting and processing notification rules, high throughput storage and query, and live APIs and visualization.
As Engineering Team Lead for the Notification Rules team, you will bootstrap and lead a fast-moving team working on hard systems problems, with full ownership of notification rules end-to-end. You'll use the latest open-source technology to build high throughput, low latency systems. You’ll also work with frontend engineers to deliver the notification rules to our customers in the context of different products. And finally, you'll make a huge impact on the future direction we take, both on the apis and the technical architecture.
- Bootstrap a new team from scratch and act as the founding engineer on the team
- Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Write a significant amount of code (Go/Python) for new and existing backend services
- Own and support the Notification Rules architecture and production systems
- Ensure the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver
- You have been building applications for 5+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant backend programming experience
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You have prior experience in bootstrapping and leading new teams
- You have significant experience with Go or Python
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.