We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The SLO App team builds and owns the SLO product, which provides measurable service level objectives and indicators for customers’ services. We also provide burn rate measurement for these SLOs and alerting and notification for said SLOs and burn rates. This is a unique opportunity to lead a team building a high-growth product and define what the landscape of our customers’ use of SLOs would look like. We work at every level of the stack to own products end-to-end: ingesting and processing data, high throughput storage and query, and live APIs and visualization.
As Engineering Team Lead for the SLO App team, you will lead a fast-moving team working on hard systems problems, with full ownership of the products end-to-end. You'll use the latest open-source technology to build distributed, high throughput, low latency systems. You’ll also work with frontend engineers to deliver the data for high-profile features (eg: burn rates and slo search) for our customers. And finally, you'll make a huge impact on the future direction we take, both on the technical platform and on the product itself.
- Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Write a significant amount of code (Go/Python) for new and existing backend services
- Own and support the SLO architecture and production systems
- Ensure the team consistently ships high-quality code and architecture
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver
- You have been building applications for 5+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant backend programming experience
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've worked at a high scale with systems like Elasticsearch, Cassandra or Kafka.
- You have significant experience with Go or Python
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.