Test Automation Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join our Technology team in New York! In this role, you will be supporting and working with the broader Engineering team, specifically supporting our Airport and Travel team. As a Test Engineer you will navigate Clear’s codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, has an intellectual curiosity, and thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Plan, develop and execute of manual & automation testing of Electron based web and server-side applications
- Write UI automation tests using Typescript, leveraging Spectron testing framework
- You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- Work with the broader Engineering team to create test plans for existing and new functionalities
- Collaborate with members of product and engineering team to ensure all services are having a comprehensive automation testing coverage
- Be the Quality gatekeeper to ensure a high quality of releases
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
Who You Are:
- Experience using BDD/TDD tools like Cucumber or similar
- CI/CD experience using Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar technology
- You are passionate about software testing and accelerating the pace of delivery
- You stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest in technology, and you naturally seek new ways of improving your work
- You truly care about how people interact with technology and you have a proven record of developing Testing solutions in a customer-centric environment
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where open communication is encouraged
- You are an entrepreneurial team player and know how to multi-task
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- In-depth understanding of web and APIs testing methodologies
- Experience with Spectron Testing Framework
- Hands-on experience testing systems or apps that have significant client-server communication
- Good knowledge of APIs test automation techniques
- Experience building mock and stub services to simulate server response
- Experience writing test cases and test plans based on new feature requirements.
- Experience with performance testing tools like jmeter, etc
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with multiple development teams
- Experience with biometrics technologies is a plus