Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Commerce is a massively under-monetized revenue stream because it’s been falsely housed as “affiliate marketing” to date.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
- As manager of testing you will supervise the work of a strong team of test engineers
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor test engineers
- Lead the development of Narrativ’s test engineering practice
- Test case design and documentation
- Unit testing
- Regression testing
- Integration testing
- Capacity and load testing
- The testing group coaches developers and SREs in test practices
- The testing group selects, procures, and supports test tools and testing frameworks
- The Test Manager is responsible for the coordination of integration and load testing across multiple development teams
- Key stakeholder of the CI/CD framework
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues across Narrativ to promote and improve testing practices and processes
- … with the InfoSec organization to implement a robust security testing practice
- ... with the Infrastructure engineering team on load testing facilities and practices
- … with development teams and their leaders to identify pain points, assess risk, and plan remediation
- … with development and SRE teams to establish a culture of regression testing as part of the follow-up from every incident
- Define concise and informative reports to senior management that help them understand and make high-quality decisions about test activities
- A successful candidate will have seven to fifteen years of relevant experience in high-tech software development teams.
- A bachelor’s or better degree in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor’s or better degree in a STEM discipline plus substantial software engineering experience
Narrativ Tech Stack
One of the most frequent questions asked by candidates of Narrativ engineers is, “What is your tech stack?” This is a brief overview of our tech stack.
Narrativ’s systems are implemented as a modern microservices architecture running on Linux servers hosted in AWS. We use Kubernetes to manage our containers, we use Flask to construct our Web interfaces. We build interactivity in our web interfaces using React. We use Linux, and in particular Debian, Ubuntu, and Alpine distros.
We test each language with an appropriate unit testing tool - JUnit, PyTest, ScalaTest, ExUnit, and Jasmine. We use Jenkins to run our builds and tests.
Check-ins against the main branch require a code review by another SWE.
We keep some data in Snowflake, some in Postgres, others in DynamoDB, and some, of course, in MySQL. We build our product graph using Neptune and Gremlin. We are working to reduce the number of databases we rely on.
We stream data around using Kafka, Spark, and Storm. Maybe we will prune this list sometime.
We are not hostile to commercial software - we use AirTable, DataDog, Fivetran, Jira, LaunchDarkly, Looker, Matomo, and StoryBook.
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.