Tooling Engineer (Welding) at Peloton
The Tooling Engineer (Welding) will research, develop and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internally. The Tooling Engineer Specialist will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower), create/manage project timelines, and lead Technical Sourcing and sustaining activities. As a Tooling Engineer Specialist , you will primarily work with internal and external teams of manufacturing, operations, engineering, and quality, serving as the manufacturing subject matter expert in effort to resolve critical manufacturing issues. Successful candidate will also generate cost reduction, process, continuous improvement ideas, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead as a manufacturing technical expert, support in Peloton Global sourcing activities
- Basic operation and programming of manipulator and automatic welding machine
- Design the required structure and welding parameters for welding
- Familiar with various welding principles (MIG, TIG, Plasma, Laser, etc.)
- Basic metal material analysis capabilities
- According to product requirements, be responsible for the preparation and proofreading of welding drawings
- Ensure the correctness and reasonableness of welding drawings
- Review of the product welding process and fixtures to ensure the correctness and rationality of the welding process.
- Familiar with weld bead inspection: visual inspection method (VT), magnetic particle inspection method (MT), ultrasonic inspection method (UT), liquid penetrant inspection method (PT) and radiographic inspection method (RT)
- Communicate with ODM, CM and suppliers to determine priorities and solve problems
- Understand/improve the technical requirements of products and processes
- Solve all downtime and quality issues related to welding and implement solutions
- Investigate and help solve NPI, production and production line problems
- Lead and develop the concept, design and manufacturing of welding fixtures and measuring tools
- Evaluate the current welding technology, process, and make suggestions for improvement
- Promote KPIs for welding OEE, yield, cost, quality and delivery
- Solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP)
- Support DFM and implement components using FEA or other advanced simulations tools to accelerate experimentation
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand and perform tolerance, GD&T, and process analysis
- Identify and communicate manufacturability and assembly concerns, risk as needed
- Provide clear DFM/DFA design change recommendations
- Ensure component & product manufacturing requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Provide strong technical direction by evaluating and guiding suppliers through operational design and development.
- Conduct supplier technical audits; maintain audit scorecards to drive continuous improvement
- Partner with suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing process
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Support process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, SPC), DOE’s and PFMEA
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
- Travel requirement: domestic and/or international travel at least 30% of the time or as needed by the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences (Mechanical, Electrical, Physics, Material Science); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Demonstrated technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Welding, Stamping, Casting, Injection molding, Machining, Forging, Electronics (Motor, Controls, PCB), Hydroforming, various finishing techniques (Powder Coat, Paint, PVC Dipping, Anodizing, etc)
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DAMIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Experience in developing SOP’s, Value-Stream & Process Maps
- Experience working with Global Suppliers, JDM/CMs/ODMs is a plus
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Knowledge of SAP, ERP/MRP/MES/QMS and other enterprise platforms
- Energetic team player with excellent written, verbal, presentation, & conceptual skills
- Proven experience and ability managing multiple, high-volume manufacturing projects, with competing priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience managing global manufacturing projects (CapEx/OpEx)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.