VP of Engineering, Startup Creation at Redesign Health (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively, Ever/Body, Calibrate, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Proper, Anomaly, Jasper, MedArrive, Intrinsic, UpLift, Kins, Keen, Overalls, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
About the Role
As the VP of Engineering, Startup Creation you will build, lead and scale a large and growing engineering team responsible for all companies launched on the Redesign Health platform.
You will report to our Head of Product for the Startup Creation team. The VP of Engineering is responsible for all aspects of design, architecture, implementation, deployment, operations, security and GRC adherence for Redesign Health’s software platform. This engineering team is responsible for software, process and GRC standardization to enable the rapid deployment (build, buy, extend) of software applications and some shared services to support the incubation and growth of portfolio companies. The team will use a platform that will include no/low code solutions and 3rd party healthcare integration platforms to facilitate rapid development of MVP solutions, combined with custom development and integration as required.What you'll do:
- Responsible for OpCO initial software/infrastructure build, deployment and operations (whether in house built, partner SI built, or combination of in-house & partner)
- Develop standardized processes (e.g. engineering practices, AWS service standards), shared components, architecture practices and components (e.g Web App patterns and supporting components), GRC standards/practices, and company specific application development/customization in the incubation phases as needed
- Blend a very strong technology and process orientation with strong business acumen and interest in working across the organization to take new products to market.
- Implement modern software engineering development, deployment and operating practices.
- Define and implement commercial cloud operations, management, security and operating standards.
- Work closely with the Product management team to build a prioritized and actionable roadmap and associated release plan(s) for software products and services.
- Implementation of development KPIs to track the team efficiency and process effectiveness
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering leadership role
- 4+ years of commercial cloud platform experience (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Broad technical knowledge to support the varied needs of building a platform
- Prior experience leading a team in the healthcare industry
- Background in Computer Science
- Optimizes work processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Communicates Effectively: You need to attentively listen to others and adjust to fit the audience and the message. Being effective among diverse styles and position levels is key also.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others. Building partnerships and collaborating with others to meet shared objectives
- Manages Ambiguity: Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program