WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a skilled web developer to help grow our MarTech and Ops team. This person will play an integral role in developing and executing on marketing tactics to not only drive revenue, but enrich the web experience for visitors to Braze.com. This role will own the full development lifecycle and continually build and optimize both the frontend and backend of the website.
A key part of the Demand Generation team, you will execute on direct outputs from the marketing strategy and implement strategic iterations to Braze.com in an effort to create better pipeline-driving experiences for our prospects and customers. We’re looking for a developer that loves to mix their passion for web development with a desire for pushing web analytics and marketing tech to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Dive straight into the transformation of Braze.com’s 2020 new website redesign! We’re currently in the midst of a complete website rebuild and there’s no better time than now to join Braze and be instrumental in laying our web stack foundation for what’s to come.
- Own and manage our Heroku instance. Braze.com is in the middle of migrating to Heroku from AWS and you’ll be responsible for architecting our entirely new hosting stack by re-designing our deployment protocols, maintaining our CI, and optimizing our databases.
- Our CMS is built on Craft and you’ll be creating scalable page templates to leverage in our marketing programs.
- Help shepherd improvements to our web dev processes. We’re a relatively new team which means there’s a huge opportunity in front of you to lead and standardize process related to sprint planning, deployments, and feature roadmapping
- Contribute to website development with a highly technical approach around analytics, SEO optimization, and delivery of quality traffic to the website
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to scope new web pages or section needs and develop a plan for evaluating asks.
- Create attention-grabbing experiences by helping to identify emerging trends, and working to implement them as appropriate across our marketing properties.
- Manage Google Analytics and set up dashboards and custom events to monitor and analyze site performance and provide recommendations for content updates or areas of optimization.
- Leverage website monitoring tools and unit testing to ensure we find opportunities to improve our site and increase the quality of our deployments.
WHO YOU ARE
You have a deep understanding of what it takes to manage a website including minimizing technical debt, maintaining SEO best practices, and finding the simplest way to achieve complex and high impact problems.
- 6+ years of web development experience
- Knowledge of Craft 3, Heroku, New Relic and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of Node, unit testing, a/b testing - we use Optimizely and exploring Selenium
- Deep knowledge of website hosting and managing databases, specifically via the Heroku platform
- Strong communicator and experience working on a marketing team
- Familiarity in building high performance responsive websites
- Prior experience working with professional design teams
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.