Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is an Accountant important to us?
As a Finance team, our goal is to provide an elevated level of service to the company, ensuring that the people who rely on us (our colleagues, our suppliers, our business partners, our leaders) have access to timely, accurate information about our business. Everything we do is geared towards making sure that the Finance department runs efficiently and that the books and records of the corporation are accurate. The department is fast, nimble and adaptable to a growing, changing environment where new challenges present themselves on a regular basis. We are looking for a smart, hard-working, dedicated Accountant to support the finance team.
As an Accountant you will:
- Own cash management including reconciliations, daily balances, and banking relationships.
- Help with the accounts payable process and accounts receivable process.
- Prepare and file sales tax and VAT
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations and month-end close process.
- Other ad hoc projects as needed.
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 4+ years of experience working in accounting
- Organized and thorough, with fine attention to detail
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel (v-lookup, sum/ifs, and formulas that go beyond pivot tables)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Ability to see existing processes, find their true value and make them more efficient and valuable to the business
Why join our team?
At Shapeways we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.