Hello, we're Shapeways
We are the leading platform redefining product creation through services to design, make, and sell using 3D printing. We support our creators with design tools & services, access to advanced production technology starting with 3D printing, and services to build a business. We have factories & offices in NYC, the Netherlands, and partners globally.
Why Work with Us?
For starters; we've been at the forefront of emerging and cutting-edge technology for over a decade. Not to rely on our laurels, we've also been focused on building a diverse and inclusive workplace. From a leadership perspective, we've added three new C-suite executives to our team in the past year which has reignited our fire! Come work with us!
An Insider's view of Shapeways
How would you describe the company’s work-life balance?
Shapeways cares about its employee's work/life balance by supporting flexible working hours, parental leave, and a genuine attitude of camaraderie and working together. I am thankful for the friendly environment and truly feel that our leadership team cares about the staff and how they're doing, both professionally and personally.
Director, Product Management
What kinds of technical challenges do you and your team face?
Every 3D model uploaded to Shapeways is unique: it's intended purpose, it's geometry, it's the owner. Whereas other industries may be able to take a 'one-size-fits-all customers' approach to solving problems, we are often faced with the challenge of making a solution work for a near infinite amount of possibilities.
Director, Product Management
What does career growth look like on your team?
We introduced an Engineering Career Ladder to our team; we outlined all of our available roles and their respective responsibilities. That document, along with a related individualized Career Development Plan, serves as the basis for directing our engineers' career growth. Still, it's up to each engineer to drive their own career growth forward.
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
We strive to create a culture that empowers our team at all levels. We have an ambitious vision for the company, a clear strategy on how we can accomplish that, and goals that connect everyone to the same purpose. This starts by building and developing the team, communicating, being transparent, and celebrating our successes and failures.
What are some social events your company does?
Our social events are definitely a nice wide range, ranging from a quick Mardi Gras happy hour inside our actual office to a holiday party at a nice rooftop lounge. Additionally, we have had team-specific outings that have included going to an arcade, sports bar, and a karaoke bar.
Strategic Accounts Manager
Where we are
We're a global business with offices in several locations; HQ on Park Ave South, and two manufacturing facilities; Long Island City and Eindhoven, NL.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Job Training & Conferences
- I am surrounded with intelligent and fun people and many of whom have become more than colleagues. The projects are often challenging and I am continuously learning and growing every dayJohnnyTech Lead, Software Engineering
- As an employee at Shapeways, you really own the projects you work on. Your input is valued and encouraged as you work through complex issues with your team. I have learned more and had more of an impact at Shapeways than any other job.BridgettSales Operations Analyst
- Every day at Shapeways, I’m answering new questions and tackling exciting problems. The best part is I’m getting to do that alongside super smart people.TeriFP&A Manager
- I like working at Shapeways because of the amazing team and the opportunity I have to enable creators to do what they do best. Create. It’s great to work alongside creative and supportive people who genuinely care about the industry they’re driving.AngelSoftware Engineer
- I love working at Shapeways. It's such an open and collaborative atmosphere - I'm never afraid to just start a conversation with anyone. People here are passionate about their work and deeply motivated to help the company succeed.JonathanAccountant
Technology we use
- LAMP StackLanguages
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- Pivotal TrackerManagement