The Finance Team is looking for an Accounting Director to join our rapidly growing FinTech Company. The Accounting Director will oversee the Company’s month-end closing process. The ideal candidate is an inspiring leader with a passion for accuracy and efficiency.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As an Accounting Director, you’ll get to:
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and financial closing process
- Coach and mentor members of our growing accounting team
- Oversee the daily accounting operations
- Oversee external audits
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and international statutory reporting requirements
- Oversee the quality and completion of reconciliations, work papers and supporting schedules
- Guide the team in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting policies and internal controls
- Design new processes and enhance existing ones, implement scalable processes to support the company’s growth, and drive continuous improvement
- Enable the Company to meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with a combination of public accounting (audit) and private / in-house accounting.
- Start-up and/or financial services experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA license and strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience overseeing and managing an accounting team
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP or other cloud based accounting software
- Drive to continuously improve the accounting operations, controls and financial reporting processes including leverage our systems and technologies to improve workflows and scalability
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.