Our mission is to empower people to live healthier by creating and promoting the most effective, science-driven hydration possible. As seen on Fox Business, Cheddar and Forbes, we’ve created products that hydrate you faster and more efficiently than water alone. Our health-conscious subscribers love it, and we listen carefully to their needs to help build out a roadmap of future products.
Launched in 2018, we’re a small team, but we achieve big things together in a fast-paced environment. If you’re looking to learn a lot, and fast, this is the place for you! Hydrant recently raised a round of funding, and we’ve set aggressive goals.
Hydrant is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our rapidly growing team. As our team’s accounting lead you will provide management with timely and accurate financial information and liaising with internal and external suppliers/vendors as required.
- Perform general accounting functions in accordance with GAAP.
- Own the monthly close process, prepare standard journal entries and perform assigned account reconciliations.
- Investigate and resolve reconciling items.
- Participate in process improvement and General Ledger optimization projects.
- Create and maintain accounting procedures.
- Accounts payable function consisting of invoice entry and month-end reconciliation.
- Accounts receivable function consisting of invoicing and receiving cash reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- 3+ years accounting experience; CPG experience preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, GAAP, and internal controls requirements
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, prefer managing multiple priorities within a high-energy, collaborative, fast moving company
- Team player with no job too small mentality
Hydrant is an early stage-startup with lots of exciting milestones to come. This is an opportunity to become an early employee at a high-growth CPG start-up, with a high focus on your personal career development and continuous learning opportunities. You’ll find a supportive culture of continuous growth and a desire to make products that hydrate more people in more places. We have a generous compensation and benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay + equity
- Health benefits (including dental & vision)
- Paid time off
- Free Hydrant