Accounting Manager at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is looking for an experienced and highly-motivated Accounting Manager to join our growing finance team, reporting directly to the Director of Finance. This role will be heavily involved in building and developing the accounting organization as the business continues to scale rapidly. This role will be responsible for creating, documenting, and recommending process and control improvements as well as leading the day-to-day accounting across LeafLink Marketplace, LeafLink Financial, and LeafLink Logistics. Additional responsibilities include ongoing system maintenance, audit support, internal and external reporting as well as other ad-hoc projects for management. This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who have a strong technical background and sharp focus on execution.Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Analyze current process and control environment and recommend/create enhanced processes and controls that are aligned to the growing business goals and requirements
- Oversee and manage the month-end and year-end close process including establishing clear deadlines with management and business teams
- Responsible for the timely generation of consolidated financial reports and statements
- Assist with the audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and coordination with the external audit team
- Ongoing maintenance of Sage Intacct financial system
- Assist with annual tax returns and sales tax analyses
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- 4-6 years of progressive accounting experience with at least two years in Public accounting
- Background in fund accounting and/or FinTech a plus
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP including ASC 606 implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets skills
- Experience with Sage Intacct a plus, but not required
- Start-up and high growth company experience is a bonus but not a requirement
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success