Accounting Manager at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Oversee and manage daily general accounting functions, including but not limited to cash, accounts payable, B2B billing and collections and T&E reimbursements
- Review account reconciliations, journal entries, and supporting analysis and documentation as part of the monthly and annual close process.
- Prepare monthly revenue entries and reconciliations
- Apply US GAAP to research and solve complex transactions.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements to continually strengthen internal controls
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis to drive business decisions.
- Address documentation requests and inquiries during the annual audit.
- Work with the Controller to ensure department procedures are scaling appropriately with the business.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Educational background in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 6-8 years of accounting experience, preferably with a mix of public and private experience (bonus points for experience at a high-paced startup)
- Prior experience at public company a plus but not required
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial statement presentation
- Prior experience with SaaS business model preferred
- Prior experience with ERP’s such as Netsuite or Sage Intacct a plus but not required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A highly collaborative team player and self-starter; willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Why you want this job:
- Impact: Our company is scaling quickly, and you’ll ensure our finance operations scale with us.
- Growth: as an invaluable member of a new department, you’ll have the opportunity to lead creative, define the department mission, and advance your hard & soft skills.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.