AP/AR Associate at theSkimm
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking to hire an AP/AR Associate to help scale the Accounting function and support the needs of a growing company. Reporting to the Sr. Accountant, you’ll work closely with theSkimm’s Finance team and various departments across the company. You will own our Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and T&E processes, which are key elements of the Accounting function.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Manage A/R processes including owning monthly invoicing and collections
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure accuracy of invoices and CRM system
- Maintain strong customer relationships to ensure we are paid in a timely manner
- Manage all A/P entry by entering bills into our processing system and ensuring accurate coding
- Handle all vendor correspondence and document updates
- Manage T&E process and help us identify best practices and improvements
- Review and code all bank transactions to ensure accuracy
- Support expense management and classification process by helping to code monthly corporate credit card statements
- Assist with month end close processes including bank and credit card reconciliations
- Review legal contracts and insertion orders
- Assist in preparing annual and quarterly tax forms
- Additional ad hoc reporting and assignments as necessary
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or previous experience in an AP/AR function
- Proficiency in Excel and strong communication skills required
- Experience with Quickbooks / Netsuite, Bill.com, Tallie is a plus, but not required
- Experience reviewing legal contracts and insertion orders preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.