Billing Analyst at Outbrain
We are seeking an energetic and organized Billing Analyst to manage the monthly billing process, apply credits, research/resolve billing issues, and collaborate with the Accounts Receivable, Sales, Account Manager, and Customer Success teams.
You will play a key role in ensuring the maintenance and integrity of certain account ledgers with a heavy focus on the End of Month/Quarter/Year-end process. In addition to accurate and compliant record keeping and reporting, you will help drive process improvements and efficiencies in our global accounting organization. You will report directly to the Senior Revenue Accountant, which presents a great opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing digital organization.
The successful applicant will be able to fulfil the following tasks:
- Manage monthly customer billing based on the company’s revenue recognition and billing policies. Ensure timeliness of billing during monthly close process.
- Perform detailed review of billing terms, opportunity setup in Salesforce and billing setup in NetSuite/Zuora for all new contracts, as needed
- Partner with the sales and customer success teams to resolve customer inquiries, provide assistance with information requests and develop streamlined processes. Identify and implement solutions.
- Assist in evaluating, creating and implementing changes to improve departmental policies, procedures and controls to systems and processes.
- Process adjustments, credit memos and write-offs
- Participate in system upgrades and testing.
- Support local auditors and handling other ad hoc tasks within finance when required
- Grow within a finance organization moving to become a leader in the digital area
- Embrace change and system automation allowing scalability and adding value and strategic insight to the business
- Must be an excellent collaborator
- A great communicator who can respond quickly in a fast-moving environment
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and liaise across multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) to achieve objectives
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and planning ability
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to handle changing circumstances when necessary
- Self-motivation with an interest in understanding how tasks, processes (and to some extent systems) relate to the overall running and management of the business
- A proactive attitude with the aptitude to take initiative to get things done
To be successful, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business-related field.
- 2+ years of billing experience
- Proficient with Excel with a strong systems background (NetSuite and/or Zuora preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the proven ability to communicate with all levels including management and external parties.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle changing circumstances and reprioritize when necessary.
- Experience working with multiple currencies a plus.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Hebrew, Japanese, or Portuguese are a plus
- Experience working in a start up environment a plus
Outbrain is the world’s discovery feed technology for the open web supported by the only end-to-end native advertising stack for publishers and advertisers. We make the discovery of content, products, and services possible. A third of the world’s internet-connected population explore and discover information through our feed technology, which is trusted by emerging to established brands and integrated into thousands of media companies’ tech stacks to manage and monetize their publishing operations. Outbrain operates in 55 countries and is headquartered in New York City with offices in 18 cities worldwide. Learn more at www.outbrain.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The brainy culture that ignites the halls of Outbrain has even been industry-recognized and awarded ‘Best Tech Work Culture’ in 2018 by Tech In Motion.
Interested in discovering what’s next for your career at Outbrain?