Business Operations and Strategy Manager (NewCo)
What is NewCo?
“NewCo” (short for “New Company”) is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry’s. Over the past year, Harry’s has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people.
About the role:
The Business Operations and Strategy Manager will be one of the key early-stage members of NewCo and will be responsible for wide-ranging set of operational and strategic activities critical to building and scaling NewCo, which will include commercial strategy (e.g., pricing, innovation roadmap), project management of product launches, consumer insights, business intelligence (e.g., LTV, customer economics), financial modeling, and supporting fundraising – just to name a few. This is a highly cross-functional role that will need to develop strong relationship and processes within both NewCo and external parties (e.g., contractors, vendors, suppliers). Some domestic and international travel can be expected. You will report to the Head of Product Development of NewCo.
The role is perfect for someone who is yearning to translate their experience to a hands-on operating role, where they will make and own decisions that have real world business impact. And because NewCo is in the pre-launch stage, this role will have direct exposure to all aspects of the business and be part of the evolution of the business from the beginning.
Who you are:
You are a self-starter with a strong quantitative and analytical background, who can draw actionable insights from data. You don’t just answer the question at face value, you can’t help but go multiple layers deep in order to understand the broader context and implications. It is critical that you are a strong collaborator and team player, as your responsibilities will push your ability to work in cross-functional environment to the max. You must have a strong interest in consumer products. And a plus if you have experience in consumer research, both qualitative and quantitative methods.
As part of a lean team at an early stage start-up, it is essential that you can be flexible and evolve in your role as the business changes, from pre-launch to post-launch to growth-stage company. You must thrive in a culture of ambiguity and innovation and be excited by the prospect of building a new brand and a new company, where you can have a big impact but will also need to play a wide range of roles.
What you will accomplish:
- Help determine our DTC commercial strategy, including conducting quantitative and qualitative consumer research to inform our approach
- Project manage a large piece of our supply chain, serving as the linchpin between supply chains consultants, our suppliers, and the team
- Run point on our financial budgeting and long-term planning process, soliciting and incorporating cross-functional input from and working directly with finance, operations, and brand leadership
- Assist with operations set-up leading up to launch, including strategic inventory planning and cost optimization
- Create and manage key deliverables and materials for the leadership team and outside investors
- Bachelor’s degree with a demonstrated record of high academic achievement
- 4-6 years of professional experience, ideally in a combination of management consulting and private equity OR investment banking and private equity
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with the ability to drive cross-functional collaboration and processes forward independently and effectively
- Able to thrive and be flexible in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Team player who doesn’t take themselves too seriously
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience in consumer research, including qualitative and quantitative methodologies
About Harry’s & NewCo:
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry’s has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business (“NewCo”) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.