Controller at Sealed
Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at Sealed.com.
What will you do?
As Sealed’s Controller, you will report directly to the VP of Finance and will support our financial operations as we expand across the country and grow our revenue 10x over the next few years.
Specifically, you will own:
- Planning and execution of all accounting operational functions
- Management of payroll, procurement, and accounts payable processes
- Preparation of financial statements and reports including variance against budget
- Fulfillment of external reporting requirements
- Coordination of annual audit and tax filings
What success looks like
Your areas of ownership are executed accurately, on time, and with strong attention to detail.
Sealed’s accounting, financial operations, and reporting functions become increasingly streamlined and efficient to support expected 10x growth.
- 5+ years experience with at least 2+ years in a high-growth, early and/or mid-stage organization
- Hands on experience with most of the following components of the monthly financial close process and interest in owning these functions at Sealed:
- revenue (and associated cost) recognition under FASB ASC 606
- cash reconciliation
- accounts receivable
- prepaid expenses
- accounts payable
- accrued liabilities
- Hands on experience with most of the following aspects of financial operations and interest in owning these functions at Sealed:
- accounts payable
- Experience with external reporting to an outside investor or regulatory authority
- Experience coordinating with external auditors and/or tax preparers
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using Netsuite
Nice to have
- Experience with a modern fintech stack that supports continuous close, automated financial reporting, and rolling forecasts
- Experience in a multi-entity company with one or more special purpose entities used for project financing purposes
- Experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606 for contracts that included variable consideration, constraint on variable consideration, and/or a significant financing component
- Experience testing carrying/book value of assets for impairment (e.g. accounts receivable)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Flexible work environment: work from headquarters office in NYC or remotely from anywhere within the US