Data Analytics Manager - Fraud & User Risk Modeling at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Data Analytics Manager - Fraud & User Risk Modeling
Gemini’s Compliance team is looking for a Quantitative Risk Manager to contribute to join our effort to create the most trusted virtual currency exchange. In this role, you will be the lead team member responsible for developing strategies to effectively manage user risk and fight fraud to protect the integrity of the Gemini platform, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. You will play a major part in building and setting the direction of a high-performing team.
- Data Mining & Predictive Analytics:
- Use strong expertise in data science to derive meaningful signals that are indicative of fraud and other risky activity from large datasets
- Design, build and tune machine learning model prototypes and/or rule-based controls to proactively fight various fraud vectors
- Design analytical and reporting frameworks to make complex data easy to understand and drive decision making
- Optimize risk-reward tradeoff decision boundaries to balance customer experience and risk
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and deep dives on observed anomalous events and identify root causes and security gaps
- Own metrics to track the performance of the team and execute data-driven operational improvements
- Process Maintenance & Improvement
- Extrapolate lessons learned from fraud investigations & suggest new data sources that would help in fraud detection
- Cross-functional Collaboration
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, Security Operations, Customer Support to improve processes to prevent and respond to fraud
- Project Management
- Take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Advanced skills in and working knowledge of:
- relational databases; ability to code fluently in SQL
- data science, predictive analytics, machine learning libraries in Python or R
- data visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- 5+ years experience in managing credit, fraud, identity or transaction risk
- 5+ years experience in creating, tuning, deploying and maintaining machine learning models
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in cryptocurrency, credit card, payments, banking or fintech industries
- 2+ years of experience on a Risk, Trust and Safety or Fraud function
- Experience with modeling customer credit and fraud risk, transaction risk
- Experience with creating, tuning, deploying and maintaining machine learning models
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.