Great Jones is looking for a Director of Enterprise Accounting who will sit in our Finance organization to own and optimize the financial services we provide our Enterprise customers. As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be responsible for establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures that are unique to our Enterprise customers. This can include distillation of customer and internal needs into both as-is and to-be workflows and process recommendations.
This role will be instrumental in guiding the accounting function for our fastest growing customer segment. Success for this role will be measured by the ability to drive financial accuracy and control of our enterprise accounting function internally and externally. This includes the ability to deliver ideas and recommendations on redesign of core accounting and business processes to achieve dramatic improvements in quality, scalability and productivity. You’ll partner closely with other teams driving operational efficiency and customer delight – Operations, Customer Experience, Technology & Sales.
As a Director of Enterprise Accounting, you can expect to be focused on the following:
- Establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems specific to our Enterprise customers.
- Putting the customer first. Consistently improving and enhancing our capabilities to deliver best-in-class service to our Enterprise customers, including incredibly high attention to detail amid high complexity.
- Deliver and optimize customer-facing reporting functionality.
- Partnering with the Owner Accounting Team to develop a roadmap for implementation, focusing on scalable solutions that drive an enhanced customer experience.
- Partner with the Engineering Team to articulate internal product requirements that will drive a streamlined workflow, reducing manual input and increasing information accuracy.
- Continuously iterate on workflows and tools to scale and enhance the services we provide our customers
- Work cross-functionally to expand Great Jones’ ability to implement new product and service offerings aligned with our core Property Management business
This role is based in NYC and reports to our VP of Finance & Analytics.
- At least 8 years of work experience with 3-4+ in a highly cross-functional accounting department with leadership experience
- Experience meeting strict demands for tight controls from external parties
- Business acumen -- you understand the balance between business and customer needs in simplifying and automating manual processes
- Previous experience in change management
- A proven track record of success in goal attainment
- CPA is preferred
- Previous startup operations and/or accounting experience is a plus
- Real estate/property accounting experience a plus
- Extremely high intellectual horsepower, creativity, and leadership DNA
- Strong communication and relationship-building
- You are excited to execute hands-on to learn quickly and achieve real wins in a fast-paced environment
- You think in terms of playbooks and how to operationalize exceptional experiences
- You are on an unending quest to improve processes and strip out time & cost that don’t create value for our customers
- You are known for rolling up your sleeves and persisting through anything that gets in your way; no balls are dropped in your organization because at last resort, nothing gets past you
- You set clear, objective, & transparent goals, then take full ownership and attain them, no matter what
- As an attentive listener, you enjoy how being on the front line allows you and your team to relay the voice of the customer through your thoughtful synthesis
- Very high attention to detail
- You are ego-free -- a strong collaborator who values great ideas from all people at all levels of the organization
- You move fast
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.