Director of Finance at Meetup
The Director of FP&A will serve as a financial advisor and business partner at the corporate level of Meetup by driving the company to achieve its financial and operational goals. Partnering across all departments including engineering, product, marketing, strategy, design, and business operations, the Director of Finance will oversee the development of budgets, forecasts, long-range plans and strategic analysis. The Director of Finance will also direct monthly operating meetings and providing financial analysis and modeling to assist management in meeting financial and strategic goals. The Director of FP&A will report directly to the CFO.
Initial responsibilities for the role include leading the financial analysis and modeling for existing lines of business as well as new and transformational initiatives. The Director will also support and partner with all operating units in the creation of financial presentations for executive management. This position will require the development of KPIs and dashboards that tell the story behind financial performance.
What you’ll get to do:
- Financial advisor and business partner to leaders of all Meetup operating units.
- Direct the planning, coordination and preparation of the forecasts, budgets and long-range plans, including Pro-forma P&Ls and analytics that support various business initiatives.
- Direct the planning, coordinating and preparation of annual and quarterly company OKR’s (Operating Key Results). Partner with senior management and each business unit to ensure they reflect the Company’’s strategic direction and operating objectives
- Responsible for monthly reporting package that includes financial operating statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), analysis of operating results against budget, prior periods and forecasts, and comprehensive executive level explanations.
- Work collaboratively with the accounting team during the month-end close cycle to ensure proper accruals and to reconcile revenue, gross margin and Adjusted EBITDA.
- Ensure the accuracy, relevancy and integrity of all information on financial statements reported in the P&L, variances and rollforward schedules
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data and business metrics partnering closely with business leaders to impact strategic business decisions.
- Proactively support the operations of the business with the relevant analytic insight
- Develop and maintain relationships with operating and financial management teams to evaluate needs for specific and ongoing analysis that focus on the business
- Create robust and sophisticated financial and business models, test the models for insight and present findings
- Provide strategic analytical support and identify new solutions that enhance decision making
- Maintain and develop effective Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Ensure that an adequate and effective system of internal controls is maintained for financial reporting and analysis
- Ensure that all positions' duties, responsibilities and critical processes are documented, to support staff's understanding for proper allocation of duties and as a tool for adequate training
- Develop timely and innovative ways to motivate and empower individuals, and a team
What makes you perfect for the role:
Qualified candidate will be an intelligent, highly-motivated individual, who can succeed in a fast-moving company and industry. The candidate must be a self-starter who can see the goal and execute against it.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or equivalent, MBA a plus
- Well qualified candidate will have at least 10 years of relevant work experience in finance including extensive budgeting, forecasting, long term planning, personnel analysis, and financial modeling
- Strong finance, business and operations acumen
- Advanced excel skills and ability to build sensitivity analyses
- Advanced modeling experience
- Advanced financial system knowledge
- Exceptional presentation skills with ability to analyze data, tell the financial and business “story”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong people management skills with demonstrated development/coaching/mentoring experience required
- Strong initiative and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, project/deadline-driven environment
- Function effectively in a fast-paced, high growth operating environment
- Positive perspective with a “can do” attitude
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create a community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?