Director, Global Tax Information Reporting at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Finance
The Finance Department at Gemini consists of thought leaders in the digital asset liquidity, accounting, and reconciliation spaces. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Director, Tax
Our team is looking for an accomplished Tax executive to lead our Tax and Information Reporting team in a rapidly growing business environment. This role will provide leadership and execution of core tax reporting activities, as well as oversee tax strategy development for new products/services, such as non-fungible tokens. This is a high-visibility role that will be involved in all aspects of the Company’s tax issues, strategies, and compliance including both domestic and international operations. This person will also have an opportunity to support thought leadership and advocacy for emerging tax guidance.
- Oversee outside advisors preparing all U.S., state & local international income and indirect tax returns
- Proactively consider, analyze and communicate the financial statement impact of business transactions, changes in business results, tax projects and legislative changes
- Manage tax audits for all foreign and domestic jurisdictions and prepare audit responses and other tax-related questions and issues (includes determining service contracting structures and commercial activities)
- Partner with various teams within the organization to meet needs of the business including FP&A, Legal, Corporate Controller’s Group and Treasury
- Manage international income tax, indirect tax, global transfer pricing processes and in-house/external compliance
- Develop and assist with the implementation of internal policies and procedures for standard methodologies related to information reporting
- Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
- Lead tax information reporting controversy and audits
- Advise on customer communications related to tax reporting
- 15+ years of tax information reporting experience with public accounting firm, law firm, and/or corporate tax department
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of tax information reporting rules across multiple jurisdictions, including the areas of FATCA, CRS, Chapter 3 and Chapter
- Expertise in corporate tax law, US GAAP accounting principles, cross-border M&A, transfer pricing and global operations
- Strong analytical, financial and systems skills are required, with superior attention to detail
- Able to drive process improvements through technology solutions
- Curious and motivated to learn and master new skills with an enthusiastic, "roll up sleeves" personality
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field; MBA a plus
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.