Director, Internal Audit
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, Cambridge and India, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Director, Internal Audit will lead company-wide SOX implementation initiative. Controls will become the responsibility of the Director, Internal Audit who will drive all of the company’s SOX related initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has relevant prior experience. This position reports directly to the CFO/Audit Committee.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Implement an internal control assessment and management certification program to ensure compliance with SOX 302, 404, 906 and related requirements as appropriate.
- Set up risk-based internal control environment to comply with SOX and develop a flexible, risk-based internal audit strategy and plan.
- Develop internal control documentation including risk control matrix, system flowcharts, control testing plan, testing work papers etc.
- Own all aspects of planning and coordinating SOX and internal audit of controls and procedures, investigations, risk assessment and development of internal audit program.
- Collaborate with business partners on control implementation, execution and compliance with process and entity level controls.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand, optimize, document, and routinely update operational processes.
- Actively seek development of new or improved procedures or ideas to create value-add internal controls as well as business process improvements to help enhance over profitability and efficiency.
- Report to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, progression of audit plan and any other matters of discussion.
- Work closely and lead discussion with external auditors and regulators to ensure maximum benefit and use of work performed internally.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Ten years or more of relevant experience – experience in public accounting (Big 4) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field; Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field with CPA, CIA, CRMA, CISSP or CISA a plus
- Extensive knowledge and experience with auditing tools and other software such as IDEA, Audit Control Language, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Able to work independently.
- Strong leadership and employee management and development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.