Hi, we're Brigit! A holistic financial health company helping every American build a brighter financial future. With a business model that is aligned with our customers, we create transparent, fair, and simple financial products that put money back in the hands of our members, help them spend wisely, avoid unfair fees and build their credit quickly.
We are currently looking for an experienced Director of Policy and Compliance who will build and lead compliance operations at Brigit and can work with regulators and law makers in a fairly nascent but active and growing industry.
This person will develop, manage, and implement compliance & regulatory programs including: risk assessment, policies & procedures, reporting, and 3rd party/vendor management. The candidate will ensure we adhere to relevant federal, state, and local agency laws, regulations, & guidance, as well as industry-standard practices.
They will also be responsible for representing the company and our mission to regulators and law makers, working with them as regulation begins to be surfaced across the states and federally that pertain to our business.
Reporting to the Co-founder, the ideal candidate has experience in implementing and leading compliance at a consumer FinTech company or in retail banking with extensive knowledge of digital banking and credit products. The right person will undoubtedly be a thought partner to the cofounders on how to scale the company in a regulatory compliant manner.
What You Have
- 7-10 years or more of compliance and risk management experience in the consumer Fintech or consumer financial services space
- Specific compliance and regulatory knowledge relevant for consumer depository accounts, debit cards, and consumer credit
- A current understanding of industry-standard practices including, but not limited to, UDAAP, SOC-I & SOC II, PCI-DSS, AML, BSA, and KYC
- A passion for making a social impact and to help build a business that dramatically improves people’s lives
- The ability to execute on Brigit’s current compliance needs while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset on how our compliance frameworks will need to evolve alongside our product roadmap
- Experience working on policy and regulatory affairs, staying on top of regulation and working with lobbyists as engagement on a state by state basis becomes necessary.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and create company standards
- Persuasive communication style, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of presenting complex information in an easy to understand format
What You'll Be Doing
- Working externally with regulators and law makers to help them understand Brigit and our customer's stories so that they can craft regulation that is adequately encompassing of our business models.
- Working with other companies in the formation of trade associations, collaborative research and other policy agendas that can help our industry thrive as it grows.
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of Brigit’s compliance programs, including policies & procedures, risk assessments, and auditing/monitoring.
- Develop, manage, and update banking & lending compliance programs including: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending), Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfers), Reg DD (Truth in Savings), state lending regulations, BSA, AML, and KYC
- Collaborate with internal teams, external legal counsel, and bank partners to implement compliance risk management systems
- Analyze and advise the team on changes in regulatory compliance laws, rules, and regulations, and evolve Brigit’s compliance frameworks as needed
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate a library of compliance resources to appropriate executives & staff
- Review product marketing materials to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Work with the tech team to ensure compliance with data standards such as SOC-I & SOC II, PCI-DSS, and other relevant standards
- Promote a culture of compliance across the company
We're backed by leading VC's, including Lightspeed Venture Partners and DCM, a number of the world's most influential social impact investors like Flourish and Sound and several mission driven celebrity investors like Kevin Durant and Will Smith! an If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input at the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
-Help hard working Americans build a brighter financial future
-A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
-Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
-A dynamic, flexible and collaborative start-up work environment with a highly talented team
-Paid Parental Leave [Primary and Secondary]
-Monthly reimbursements to use against wifi and cell phone bills
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description