Director of SEC Reporting
Fluent is a fast-growing company transforming online advertising through a commitment to performance and people-based marketing. Backed by a powerful team of experts, Fluent’s customer acquisition platform uses real-time, self-reported consumer insights to help our clients reach, acquire, and retain their ideal customers. As the company continues to grow, the team is proud to be a premier acquisition partner to hundreds of leading brands; we also have a shiny trophy case with some tokens from Crain’s and Forbes.
As our Director of SEC Reporting you will support Fluent as we build a scalable infrastructure with effective, accurate and timely SEC reporting, strong internal controls and sustainable processes critical to the growth of our growing public company.
You will report to our Controller and have responsibility for critical support areas, including, but not limited to:
- Full cover-to-cover ownership for all quarterly and annual SEC reporting;
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, equity statement, cash flow and disclosures), fluctuation analyses and MD&A;
- Research, interpretation and preparation of technical accounting position papers on pronouncements relevant to our Company;
- Leading the design and implementation key processes that govern our non-routine accounting transactions and SEC compliance, such as share-based compensation;
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Regulation S-X and S-K requirements;
- Review 8-K filings and press releases;
- Special projects, as they arise.
We are a growing and entrepreneurially spirited public company, so strong attention to detail, performance consistency, leadership and the desire to thrive in a highly collaborative work environment are critical attributes for your success.
- At least seven years of progressive, relevant and hands-on experience, which includes directing, managing and preparing all financial reporting requirements for a small to medium-sized growing company public company;
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP, with an emphasis on share-based compensation;
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting;
- A CPA designation is highly preferred;
- Experience working with in-house counsel and law firms, auditors and tax advisors.
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive salary
- Discounted gym memberships
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Open office space for team collaboration
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!