Director of Strategic Finance & Business Intelligence
About Redesign Health
Redesign is a venture studio committed to tackling contemporary issues in healthcare. Working as a catalyst, Redesign develops and funds businesses focused on improving the quality and accessibility of modern healthcare solutions. Our core team consists of operators and investors with a track record of building multi-billion dollar businesses in the technology and healthcare sectors.Our long-term goal is to democratize access to innovative medical technologies and facilitate customers’ interactions with the healthcare system. We fund ventures with a $70mm+ permanent capital base raised from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs. Our first companies include Candid Co. and Lively.
More about the role
Redesign is launching a men's health business and is looking for a Director of Strategic Finance & Business Intelligence to join this rapidly growing company in its earliest stages. In this role, you will provide critical business intelligence and actionable financial insights that empower decision-making throughout the Company. In this role, you will use your analytical skills, business savvy and financial chops to track and influence business performance. You will work at the intersection of finance, accounting and data - developing and maintaining financial models and helping steer the company through your analysis. The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial drive, boundless curiosity, and a thorough understanding of financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer in the NYC Headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Improve on the Company’s financial understanding and reporting.
- Build and maintain financial models that enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company's cost base, revenue projections, and key business drivers.
- Drive annual and periodic budgeting processes, including preparation, review and analysis, assigning department specific budgets, and tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget.
- Leverage existing organization tools and systems to establish and report on metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency.
- Prepare and deliver daily, weekly and monthly management reports to key constituents.
- Partner with Accounting on monthly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of financial statements.
- Participate in the preparation of all related monthly business review and Board materials.
- Provide ad hoc financial and business decision support as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics with a record of high academic achievement.
- 4-7 years in FP&A or financial analysis in investment banking, investing, management consulting, or FP&A at a high growth company.
- Solid understanding of P&L, profitability analysis, and a strong working knowledge of accounting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data and presenting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel superpowers) and presentation acumen (powerpoint).
- Experience with financial systems and BI tools is a strong plus (Xero, Netsuite, SQL, Looker, etc.).
Pay & perks:
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- One Medical Membership, Commuter benefits and a subsidized Citibike membership.
- Central location- across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M.