Finance & Accounting Associate
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is a Machine Learning and Data Science company at its core.
About This Position
We are looking for an enthusiastic Finance Associate to join our growing Finance team. You should be excited to learn our company’s business model and have a basic understanding of accounts payable & cash reconciliations. You should enjoy working across multiple departments to help improve processes and communicate company policies. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive, proactive attitude who can handle a demanding workload in a fast-paced environment. You will report directly to the Senior Finance Associate.
- Process vendor invoices daily, review all invoices for appropriate documentation & approval prior to posting
- Code expenses to proper GL account, department and time period; record journal entries as necessary
- Manage timely vendor payments & assist in the preparation of payment runs
- Correspond with vendors and respond to all internal vendor-related inquiries; resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly accounts payable reconciliation
- Assist with the month end close process & year end audit
- Prepare monthly credit card & T&E report reconciliations
- Prepare payroll journal entries
- Maintain monthly schedule of prepaid transactions
- Responsible for daily cash payments & receipts and preparation of month-end cash reconciliations
- Continually review financial processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Other ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1-2 years of corporate accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounts payables and accounts receivables procedures and principles
- Understanding of general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close processes
- Well-organized with high level of accuracy, attention to details
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Excel and familiarity with NetSuite
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.