Finance Manager at Happy Money
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:49 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 16, 2021
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money is a high growth, quickly evolving FinTech business. The Financial Planning and Analysis team is central to Happy Money’s decision-making process and the FP&A team guides company investment decisions to maintain Happy Money as the lending platform that turns borrowers into savers. Happy Money is looking for a data-driven and people-oriented Finance Manager who lives the Happy Money values and has relevant finance experience in a high-growth, fast-paced, collaborative team working environment. You will create models, methodologies, and dashboards to support data analysis, budget cycles, financial forecasts, and financial reporting against the latest forecast.
As a Finance Manager, your ability to work cross-functionally, provide meaningful insights, and anticipate the business demands of the executive leadership team will be key to driving business growth. You must operate proactively in an ambiguous environment with several stakeholders, so strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical. Your ability to influence leadership decisions through clear communication of complex data analyses will drive your success in this role. Additionally, your apt to identify and communicate trends, opportunities, and problems -- and more importantly, recommend a course of action -- will play a critical role in charting Happy Money’s future.
In This Role You Will...
- Lead the budgeting, mid-year forecasting, strategic planning, and variance analysis processes for Happy Money teams
- Create and report out monthly & quarterly internal reporting for budget owners and senior management, including insightful analyses to explain trends and any variance to forecasts
- Identify key trends and potential risks & opportunities across the business
- Act as a thought partner to budget owners; specifically, influence and drive leaders to achieve P&L ownership mindsets in our business via insightful analysis and recommended actions
- Work cross-functionally to evaluate strategic initiatives and associated financial impacts and help to incorporate them into financial forecasts
- Run ad-hoc analyses for cross functional leaders and management
- Assist in preparation of board of director materials
- Continuously look to increase efficiency through process automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or similar discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Corporate Finance, Consulting, or a related function
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) required; with experience collaborating through Google Suite preferred
- Strong track record of influencing leadership decisions through clear communication of complex analyses
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for intricate problem solving, utilizing complex financial modeling and analysis
- Takes pride in their work’s integrity, quality, and accuracy, and is extremely detail-oriented and thorough; with the ability to think “big picture” and understand the key trends and levers that drive the business
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, who has experience delivering results within tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required; this role involves building strong relationships across the organization, including communicating and presenting ideas clearly to management
- Ability to work independently and effectively in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Gravitates toward automating manual processes; experience using Financial Planning and Business Intelligence software is a plus
- Experience using discretion when handling sensitive information
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!